Floatation therapy is a natural method of promoting healing and relaxation. The silky smooth water is saturated with half a ton of epsom salts, supporting the entire weight of your body. The experience is remarkably similar to floating in outer space and comes with a host of outstanding benefits for body, mind and soul.
The water in our Dreampods is heated to 94.5 degrees. This is the temperature of the external surface of your skin and will keep you extremely comfortable during your float. After 20 to 30 minutes, you will begin to lose track of where your body ends and the water begins. This is an incredible experience that cannot be fully explained with words.
Floating quiets the mind: That background chatter we all hear full of thoughts from yesterday and anxieties about tomorrow begins to melt away. Our minds experience a peaceful silence as our brainwaves drop into the Theta range, typically only experienced in the brief moments before sleep. The more we float, the quicker we capture that silence and the longer we retain it.
Benefits of Floatation
- Promotes total calm and peaceful relaxation.
- Increases dopamine and endorphins, enhances mood and improves happiness.
- Extremely beneficial treatment for anxiety & depression.
- Proven to lower cortisol, our primary stress hormone; alleviates mental and physical stress.
- Improves sleep, fatigue and jet lag.
- Relieves pain, including arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Alleviates symptoms of PTSD.
- Reduces high blood pressure, improves circulation.
- Relieves the strenuous elements of pregnancy.
- Increases motivation, creativity & problem solving.
- May help with chronic migraines.
- Speeds rehabilitation and recovery from injury.
- Removes lactic acid from muscles.
Preparing for your float
When you arrive at Float Euphoria, we will ask you to fill out some paperwork, then we'll show you to your private float suite and explain how everything works. You will have plenty of time to look over your Dreampod, touch the water and ask us questions. After locking the door you will shower, taking extra care to remove makeup, hair products, deoderants, etc. Once clean, you will put in earplugs (provided) and vasoline (provided) on any cuts or scrapes to prevent stinging. Then you'll enter the pod, lay down and enjoy your float.
When your time is up, we'll wake you with soft music and a voice will ask you to exit the pod. You'll shower to rinse the saltwater off your body, then dry off, get dressed and exit the room. We will have cold water and hot tea available for you in our lobby.
- We supply towels, robes, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, disposable ear plugs, vasoline for cuts and scrapes, hair dryer, hot tea and purified water.
- Bring a comb or brush if you want to do your hair after your float.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine for several hours prior to your float.
- Don't shave or wax the day of your float. The salt water may sting recently shaved skin for several minutes.
- Open wounds need to fully heal before floating. Small cuts and scrapes are OK; apply vasoline (provided) to prevent stinging.
- New tattoos need to fully heal, too.
- Eating a snack or light meal an hour or two before floating is a good idea. You don't want to be too hungry, or too full.
When you should NOT float
Float centers are very picky about water quality, and for good reason: Each of our Dreampods contains over $1,000 worth of Epsom Salts. Contamination of the float water requires the replacement of all salts plus cleaning to Float Tank Association and Health Department standards. A single contamination event can cost the business several thousand dollars. Here are some reasons why you should not float with us:
- Dyed hair: Check for color bleed before you come! Wet your hair and vigorously rub with a white towel. If there is any color transfer, you can NOT float. Permanent hair dyes are usually safe to float after two weeks, but check for color bleed just to be sure. Temporary dyes or bright colors are generally NOT safe to float. If your dye bleeds into the water, there could be up to a $2,000 charge to replace the salts and clean the tank. The amount of the charge depends on the severity of the damage caused by the dye bleed. If you are at all unsure about your hair dye, please talk to us before floating!
- Spray tans: Any chemical tanning within the past two weeks.
- Vomiting or diarrhea within the past two weeks.
- Chemotherapy within the past two weeks.
- Open sores or new tattoos that have not fully healed.
Please click here to review our full liability waiver, which we will ask you to sign on your first visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need my bathing suit?
Nope! In fact, we highly recommend you float in your birthday suit for the best possible experience. Our float suites are private with their own showers and locking doors. If you prefer to wear a bathing suit, you are certainly welcome to do so.
Is the water clean?
The water in our pods is cleaner - and safer - than your tap water.
In order to achieve floatation, our pods contain a saline solution of 35-40% Epsom salts. The salts are a natural disinfectant and at these concentrations, viruses, bacteria and other pathogens cannot survive. After your float, our state of the art filtration systems prepare the Dreampod for the next guest, purifying the water a minimum of 4 times with ultraviolet light and a 10-micron filter - that's 5 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair.
The result: Pure, crystal clear water for every float. It's incredibly inviting. Come visit us, touch it and see for yourself.
What if I fall asleep?
You'll have the most amazing nap you've ever experienced. People frequently fall asleep while floating and many have spent entire nights in float pods. The water will support you while you nap. We'll wake you up gently and slowly with soft, soothing music when your float is over.
What about claustrophobia?
Our pods are lighted from within and have large entrances that can remain open or be closed during the float at any time. They're also quite spacious - there is plenty of room to sit up while you're inside. Simply leave the lid open and the light on after you climb in and you should not experience any claustrophobia. Our float suites are private with locking doors so you can exit the pod at any time if you feel uncomfortable.
Can I float during my period?
Yes. Simply take the same precautions you would use while swimming.
Can I float during pregnancy?
Yes. Floating provides an excellent respite from the aches and pains associated with pregnancy.
Can two people float together?
Our Dreampods are designed for only one person at a time. However, we do have two of them so you and a friend or loved one can float at the same time in your own private rooms.